Thursday, September 2, 2010

Here's my horoscope from last week by Free Will Astrology
http://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/
What struck me really hard was the question:

Are you skilled at taking care of yourself?

I don't think I am, actually. How funny you would ask. I forget to exercise and work out, I certainly don't sleep enough and I rarely sit down in quiet and rest as I know I should and, really, I yearn to sit down and be quiet.

Why don't I take the time?
WHat would it look like to be skilled in taking care of myself?
Instead of weighing and evaluating my value or caretaking ability on how I take care of others?

The wording of the question makes me want to try to care tenderly, for me.


Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

Gwyneth Paltrow is the most perfect person alive, said Gawker.com. From a certain perspective, I suppose it's possible to award her that title. She's beautiful, rich, famous, and in good shape. She's a talented actress and published author. Without denying that Gwyneth is a gem, however, I must say that my standards of perfection are different. Are you doing the work you love? Are you engaged in ongoing efforts to transform your darkness? Do you practice compassion with wit and style? Are you saving the world in some way? Are you skilled at taking care of yourself? Those are my primary measures. What are yours, Sagittarius? It's an excellent time to define your ideal human.

No comments:

Post a Comment