Monday, January 4, 2010

Organizing in the New Year

I have VERY high hopes of organizing my finances, my home and life in general this year.
Now that the fall semester is done; I'm done with teaching nursing school for the year. We are continuing with having Georgia in daycare even thought I'm home. This is so damn exciting. I will have Mondays off with no children (except for holidays, snow days and possible pick-up-some-work days) until summer. I can't even believe it. With all the quiet today I finally paid bills in an organized and thought-out fashion. Usually when I finish bills, I feel like spitting, I have a headache and it's 2am, but today I have 45 minutes before Lily gets off the bus.

The first month or so of Mondays will be getting our study and finances in order.

I've been enjoying the blog "Get Rich Slowly"
http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2006/11/16/how-to-get-out-of-debt-2/

It's about finances and has a relaxed and hopeful tone that I really like.

I just opened a Yodlee account http://www.yodlee.com/and from there I am going to consolidate everything; keep track and pay all my bills.

Now I am going to go meditate!
I want to pinch myself!! I can't believe it! Time to spare.
(Don't tell Rob. Paying for childcare while not earning money makes him break out in hives. Tell him I'm fixing the annoying doorknob that's broken.)

2 comments:

  1. how'd that doorknob go? this will forever be my code for "me time." got to go fix a doorknob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for taking time for yourself. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete