Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Water from Heaven




The Lady's Mantle this morning. The dew was so magical.

I looked it up in Flower Power by Anne McIntyre where she wrote:

"Medieval alchemists collected the pearly drops that form and sparkle on the leaves of the lady's mantle, which they called "Water from Heaven." The dew drops, which are actually exuded from the plant itself, were thought to extract subtle and healing magical virtues from the leaf and were used in many an alchemist potion."

Wow. Maybe I ought to do something with it tomorrow morning.......












(This photo is just a little reminder of what happens when I take a quick moment to write a post while Georgia is in the other room, saying, "I can put on my sunscreen, Mama.")




2 comments:

  1. at least no one got sunburned that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. She was so proud and really got everything but her back and face.

    ReplyDelete